I mentioned before that the best weapon in Skyrim is actually a player crafted weapon. But back then, I didn’t have all the skills needed to create the most powerful version of this weapon.
Since the first version was created, I leveled up quite a bit and I managed to max out the skills needed to truly craft the most powerful weapon in Skyrim. I call it DEATH, since that’s pretty much the only thing it’s good for.
And just like I said before, anyone can make such a weapon. No mods and no cheats, just the right skills, perks and materials.
How to create the BEST weapon in Skyrim:
First, you need to max out the following skills (reach level 100) and learn the appropriate skill perks:
- Alchemy: Alchemist, Physician, Benefactor;
- Smithing: Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing, Orcish Smithing, Ebony Smithing, Daedric Smithing;
- Enchanting: Enchanter (5/5), Insightful Enchanter, Fire Enchanter, Frost Enchanter, Storm Enchanter, Extra Effect.
Second, you’ll need the right equipment, materials and ingredients. These are as follows:
- a set of alchemy apparel (clothes or armor of any kind): hat (or helmet), gloves (or bracers), necklace and ring;
- a set of smithing apparel (clothes or armor of any kind): clothes (or armor), gloves (or bracers), necklace and ring;
- grand soul gems, ebony ingots, Daedra hearts, alchemy ingredients with Fortify Enchanting (Blue Butterfly Wings, Hagraven’s Claws, Snowberries, Spriggan sap) and Fortify Smithing (Blisterwort, Glowing Mushrooms, Sabre Cat Tooth, Spriggan Sap);
- you’ll also need to learn the enchantments for your weapons (like Fire Damage, Storm Damage, Frost Damage) and for your armor (like Fortify Alchemy, Fortify Smithing, Fortify Heavy/Light Armor, Fortify One-handed/Two-handed).
Now that you have all the items you need, you’re ready to start crafting. Here’s what you have to do, step by step:
1. Go to an Alchemy Lab and create 4 Fortify Enchanting potions.
2. Go to an Arcane Enchanter and make a set of alchemy apparel by enchanting: hat (or helmet), gloves (or bracers), necklace and ring with Fortify Alchemy and grand soul gems. Remember to drink a Fortify Enchanting potion before creating each item, so that the enchantment will be stronger.
3. Equip the set of alchemy apparel and create 4 stronger Fortify Enchanting potions and then use them to create a more powerful set of alchemy apparel.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 about 2 times until you reach the maximum potency for the set of alchemy apparel.
5. Equip your most powerful set of alchemy apparel to brew the strongest batch of Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Smithing potions.
6. Go to an Arcane Enchanter and make a set of smithing apparel by enchanting: clothes (or armor), gloves (or bracers), necklace and ring with Fortify Smithing and grand soul gems. Again, remember to drink a Fortify Enchanting potion before creating each item, so that the enchantment will be stronger.
7. Go to a Forge or an Anvil and create your Daedric weapons and armor, using the ebony ingots and Daedra hearts.
8. Go near a Grindstone or a Workbench. Equip your set of smithing apparel and drink a Fortify Smithing potion. Use the Grindstone to improve your weapons or the Workbench to improve your armor.
9. Go to an Arcane Enchanter and enchant your weapons and armor with the enchantments you want. Don’t forget to drink a Fortify Enchanting potion before enchanting each item.
To get the highest damage output from your weapons, you’ll also need to enchant your armor pieces and some jewelery, so that they enhance your weapon skill (Fortify One-handed/Two-handed)
This also applies if you want the get the highest armor rating from your armor, by enhancing your armor skill (Fortify Heavy/Light Armor).
Note: The Notched Pickaxe is a unique artifact that Raises the wielder’s Smithing abilities. However, it doesn’t seem to help improve your gear any further, so you don’t really need it in order to make the best weapon and the best armor in the game.
Note: While experimenting with various skill fortifying potions, I’ve came across a way to improve your equipment even further by using Fortify Restoration potions. However, this seems to be a bug, since it will irreversibly break the skills and will crash the game when used too many times. So, DO NOT USE Fortify Restoration potions with Alchemy and Enchanting.